A lot of stuff has been going on lately. First off, we moved to our new house in Redwood Heights. We love it. There is a small playground not five minutes walk from the house. We have been there many times already. There is a recreation center there too and they had a free carnival yesterday. Wyatt was a little young for it, but we got enough carnival dollars for two kazoos and two bottles of bubbles.
We have a fourteen month girl on one side, a newborn on the other side and a small child probably around two-years directly across the street. I think an EMT lives somewhere on the street. The neighborhood "matriarch" came to meet us at the house. We have also ran in to her on the street. She's a really nice lady.
Despite living in a much bigger place, we still seem to be running out of room in the kitchen. How is that possible? Our dryer sounds a buzzer three times, very loudly, and I can't turn the darn thing off.
Our first couple of nights here were rough. The boys needed to adjust to being in a new place and being in separate rooms, but they have adjusted far better than I imagined possible. They really like the new house. They like the long hall for running. They run around through the kitchen and then down the hall in a circle, or sometimes they run in to Wyatt's room and fling themselves on the bed. Surprisingly, we haven't used the backyard as much as I had hoped. The deck out back has given Wyatt, Seth and I splinters so we will need to wear shoes until we fix that.
I am having a much harder time adjusting to no cable then I thought I would. Oddly, Rus seems completely unconcerned, and he was the holdout.
We had a small, family celebration for Wyatt's birthday. First, we went to Fenton's and had a birthday sundae with oma and opa. We had a little lemon cake at home. We also went to the Bay Area Discovery Museum, which was so much fun. They have a lot stream that the boys splashed around in. Luckily, Rus thought to pack extra clothes because it was pretty cold in Sausalito. The hard part was getting Wyatt to agree to leave. Well, he never really agreed to leave. We kind of had to force the issue.
I think that it is about time I go put together a trike.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.