Sunday, March 25, 2012

Clearing off the dining room table

I know it's a simple thing, but having the dining room table cleared off makes me feel so much better about the world.  The world being my house you know.  I have basically only moved a pile of paper from upstairs to downstairs.  I did organize the stack though and threw away a number of things.  I made some progress filing yesterday, but today I am studying for my medical terminology class.

Studying you say?  Clearly, I am updating this blog.  I am printing the first two chapters of my text out so I can read them on the plane.

Yes, the plane.

It was supposed to be a one night trip to Portland which has turned in to a two-night, three-day stay.  I am both elated and filled with dread.  What on earth will the boys do for three days and two nights all by themselves?  Without me?

I for one, am going to take the opportunity to study.  I am taking the medical terminology class to get a certificate in medical coding and billing.  I will have to take more classes though.  This one is online thankfully. I figure knowing about coding and billing will help me in my current job and if I go back to school for nursing it will help there too.

So Portland.  I hear it's cold.  A number of my co-workers from Oakland are going, as well.  In fact, there is sort of a team building half day for us to get to know the Portland crew.  Go team.  I refuse to fall backwards in to anyone's arms.  I leave Tuesday on a 9am flight and return Thursday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.