Thursday, January 9, 2014

Seth's defining tantrum

Wyatt had the cow meltdown on Grand Avenue.  Seth has the "bar incident."  It all started so benignly.  Wyatt asked for a cereal bar before bed.  I said I would get him one.  Rus asked Seth if he wanted a bar, too, so I got Seth a bar, too.  Wyatt got to the table first, so I gave him his bar first.  When I handed Seth his bar, he got mad.  He said he wanted his bar first, not second, and demanded another one.  I said no, because his request made no sense.  He walked in to the kitchen and broke his bar in half.  I told him if he threw it away he wouldn't get another one.  So he threw it on the floor.  What happened next involved hitting me, kicking me, scurrying like a rat under the table, repeatedly leaving his room and crying for about 30 minutes.  He was then quiet for fifteen minutes and then started calling for me.  Rus and I decided to move him to our room in hopes he would just go to sleep as it was 9:50 by that point. He has been sleeping in our room and then we move him to his before we go to bed.  When I picked Seth up, and put his PJ top back on, he said he was hungry.  I gave him the bar he had thrown on the floor.

He was also very funny at dinner.  He told me the neck was like a tunnel when you are eating.  He also said that the Christmas tree was "just a tree" since we took the ornaments off.  He also said it was an evergreen tree.  He's quite a mix of delightful and insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.