For a couple of years now, Seth and I have been playing a game called "I'm an animal." It involves giving a set of three clues and the other person has to guess what animal you're talking about. Any time we try to include Wyatt in this game we've ended up pretty frustrated because Wyatt has a tendency to just make up something that doesn't really exist and it is absolutely impossible to guess what it is.
So when we started the game yesterday, and Wyatt said "I'm a monster" instead of "I'm an animal" I thought we were headed down the fantasy path again. He started talking about a 10 headed monster with 10 arms. He then moved on to a half man half monkey King. He asked me if I knew who that was.
All of a sudden it all clicked. I asked him if he was talking about Hanuman. He got very excited. Yes, he was talking about Hanuman and Ravana! He was telling me part of the Ramayana. Apparently, his drama teacher had told him the story one day.
I was just truly amazed to have my kid telling me about the Ramayana.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Friday, May 22, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.