Sunday, February 8, 2009

Saddest news

About an hour and a half ago, my brother Eric called to tell me that my brother David had been killed. He was struck by a car while on his moped. He died instantly. The woman who hit him (and a friend of David's) fled the scene, but a witness followed her. She is in custody.

David was 29-years-old. He died on my mom's birthday.

I can't really describe how I feel right now. I wish I would have brought down my old motorcycle helmet for David at Christmas. I just forgot about it. I just thought to myself yesterday that I had to give them to my mom and dad when they come up next weekend. I don't know if it would have made any difference, but I certainly wouldn't feel like as big of an asshole right now.

I have been trying to remember the last time I told David that I loved him. His last birthday when I talked to him on the phone.

The last time I saw him. At Christmas.

What he was like as a baby.

How I didn't talk to him often enough.

How Wyatt will never know him.

I feel very fortunate to have at least gotten a picture of David with Wyatt at Thanksgiving.

I love my little brother and am so sad he is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.