Wyatt now weighs 16.2 lb and is just under 27" long. He is 10% percentile for weight, 15% percentile for length and holding steady at 40% percentile for head circumference.
Rus took Wyatt to his visit with Dr. Malhotra today. Dr. Malhotra was really pleased with Wyatt's progress. Wyatt is still hypertonus, but improving. All of his developmental tests were good.
Dr. Malhotra never mentioned the gluteal crease because he didn't think it was a strong marker for a tethered cord, however, he can't be 100% sure. So, he is going to schedule an MRI in a month or two to image Wyatt's brain and spine. He will have to be sedated.
Wednesday is the solids feeding appointment with the OT. Frankly, I don't expect any great advice or revelations from the appointment. Rus is going by himself although he has only fed Wyatt solids once. I usually do the solids feeding in the morning and in the evening.
We have the High Risk Infant Follow-up clinic on February 26th. We should see one of the neonatalogists or neonatal nurse practitioner. I assume Francie will be there too since a social worker is supposed to attend. I will try and go that appointment.
Wyatt continues his nutty "I must be up at 2am" routine. We tried to wait him out, then Rus just got up and talked to him in his crib without touching him. Nothing worked. I finally told Rus to pick him up as I was getting tired. Poor Rus. I don't expect it to go much more smoothly tonight as Wyatt missed a feeding after his doctor's appointment and didn't eat well before bed. I tried so hard to keep him awake, but he was exhausted. That Dr. Malhotra.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.