Saturday, September 17, 2011

The birthday party

Today was Jonah's birthday party. Apparently Jonah and Wyatt did a month long stint in Gymboree together (according to Jonah's mom). I don't remember, but I didn't go that often. Jonah and his family live in Piedmont. They reserved Studio Grow in Berkeley for Jonah's party. Studio Grow has a series of rooms with different activities and toys like an art room, a dance studio room, a room with jungle equipment, a room with a kitchen and table.

Many of the kids from Gingko were there including my favorite ray of sunshine - Emiko aka Emme - and Colin who is still totally cherubic and his mom is pretty nice too. Many of the kids got excited to see Wyatt, but Wyatt didn't play with many of them. He liked the dance room the best. In fact, he spent most of the time in the dance studio. He got some different dancing props.






Wyatt knew the names of many of the kids and that was good because he often can't tell me who anyone is.

I did meet another mom who told me when I said Wyatt was my son that her daughter, Quincy, had brought home this tiny envelope with papers in it and was very excited about it. She said Wyatt gave it to her. That's pretty cute.

Wyatt almost got in to a fight with a first grade girl.

Jonah's mom did ask me when Wyatt turns three, which I thought was weird. Like she was surprised he was three already. I don't know what that was about but it made me feel uncomfortable. As did the fact that they live in Piedmont. And can rent out Studio Grow for thier kids birthday which is around $300 with 20 guests. And they had WAY more than 20 kids there. Plus the pizza and cake.

I did look in to Chatham Nursery that is near us and they are around 1000/month for Wyatt's age for full-time care and preschool. I think we will look in to transferring Wyatt and Seth when Wyatt is done with his school year at Gingko. Unless GLM dazzles me soon. One of the mom's at that party mentioned she got financial aid for GLM and encouraged me to apply. This was after I mentioned Seth and how I wouldn't be able to afford to send him to GLM at the same time as Wyatt.

Seth and Rus are at a different party for Rus' friend Jeff's 40th birthday party. I can only imagine who is watching Shrekles right now . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.