We made it! I didn't think we were going to but we did. The rain almost stopped us today but we braved the drizzle for food. We had some really good stuff and some so-so stuff. We found a new restaurant we have to try called "Chop Bar." We happened to pass it while driving to Jack London Square. They had a booth with a whole roast pig. I took Wyatt with me to get a plate. "It's a pig." Wyatt said. Then I realized perhaps I had made an error in judgement. I wasn't really prepared to have a discussion on animals being food with Wyatt right then and there. I just said that it was indeed a pig. I got my plate and we left.
The boys really enjoyed the creme fraiche ice cream. In fact, they sort of fought over it. Seth was asleep a few minutes of the event before Wyatt woke him up. Seth dumped nearly a whole container of yogurt on himself. Wyatt was alternately entranced and terrified of the Amtrak trains that were going by so close. He really enjoyed looking at the boats, but was confused about where all the pirates had gone.
Since we went to the festival, no one really had a good nap and both boys were down by 7. It's great, but I wonder if they will be up at 5.
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.