Ultimately, we made the decision not to do IVIg. Since I have only had one mc and many of my elevated lab results with transitory, we decided against it for this round. If I mc again, well . . . I think that I will pursue a more aggressive treatment with another doctor like Dr. Kwak in Chicago.
I can't believe I never even bothered to post about my IVF cycle. I had 12 days of stimming, some days I had to give myself 4 shots. OK with it until the end, but then it was hard to find places where I could give myself a shot that weren't bruised. I think that it was the Long Lupron protocol. I was on lupron from cycle day 21 (I think, hard to remember now), Follistim, low dose HCG shots and supportive HCG shots a day or two after the transfer (twice). I did estrace for two days after the transfer up until the time I had the supportive HCG shots. I did not start out by taking BCP.
Towards the middle of stimming I decided to let Rus give me the shots to make the whole thing feel more like some thing we were both doing instead of just me. Boy that was hard! The first three times I was poised with the needle, ready to sink in to my tender belly I got in to uncontrollable giggle fits. Believe me there was nothing funny about the situation! And Rus certainly didn't like the belly movement.
Dr. C retrieved 12 eggs. I think that being in the hospital for the retrieval was the scariest part
of all. Although it wasn't painful and I recovered from the anesthesia easily, I don't like IVs and I don't like anesthesia. All eggs were fertilized with ICSI. Seven fertilized and three were transferred. None made it to freeze, which is disappointing, but I am just happy to be pregnant and have a small glimmer of hope right now. We have a picture of the three transferred embryos.Not much in the way of symptoms yet, but sore boobs and I am really tired. Napping has become my favorite past time. I felt slightly nauseous today, but no throwing up yet. I am finding it hard to keep it a secret from people since I haven't been drinking and I nap so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.