Thursday, March 12, 2009

Perfectly pleasant

Things have been going pretty well Wyatt-wize these days, although I think Rus would disagree. I got a panicked call at 4:30 today saying "I am coming to pick you up. He's trying to kill me." Unfortunately, I couldn't leave and Rus just had to tough it out. In general, there aren't that many days like this though. Apparently, all Wyatt wanted to do today was eat, sleep and cry. His top teeth are coming in now, so I am sure he is in a good deal of discomfort. He is drooling like crazy and constantly is chewing on something (usually his finger).

We went over to my bosses house after work today. Rachel, my co-worker in southern California, was up for the day. She just loved Wyatt. She sang old Russian songs to him, bounced him, had him laughing and let Rus and I sit down to a meal! She said she simply won't listen to any stories about Wyatt being unpleasant ever again.

PT is tomorrow. At last week's session I asked Lisa to explain the whole hypertonia thing to me. Her answer was interesting. She said that it is really a qualitative assessment and she didn't think that Wyatt's hypertonia was neurological. She said he goes "in and out" of it. It is not consistent.

That goes with my theory that Wyatt has a defensive stiffining due to the reflux and force feedings while he still had the cyst. I may be talking out of my ass, but I think he just gets upset and tenses up.

We can't seem to get his naps and feeds coordinated properly with her visits. He is either tired or hungry and a little bit grouchy as a result. I don't like Lisa as much as Sharon at Kaiser.

Wyatt is doing much better with sitting. He hasn't quite mastered it, but at least he doesn't hate it as much.

Tomorrow I have intake with behavioral health services to get counseling for grief support.

I just found out my parents and brother Chris are coming up for the weekend tomorrow. I hadn't realized that. The idea was thrown about, but I thought they were going to pick another weekend. Good thing my mom called!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.