Wyatt's cranky spell continues. I have been taking him on extra morning walks since that seems to quiet him down. I think that there are two things at work - poor napping and a fifth tooth that snuck up on us. I was just checking his mouth the other day, thinking I might feel something, only to find his left, bottom incisor had already broken through. His teeth seem to be coming in so fast.
With the naps, I thought he was ready to give up one of his naps and go down to two, but apparently that wasn't a good idea. He has been exhausted, and hasn't slept well as a result.
I think that he is also starting to realize he can't move without being carried. He has rolled himself to get things a few times, but I think he wants to crawl and can't quite figure it out yet. We decided to show him how to crawl. I grabbed his back legs and Rus grabbed his arms (or "front legs" as I told Roger earlier today) and we "crawled" him forward. As soon as we left go of his back legs he splays them. We tried putting him in his crib with the positioner holding his legs in, but he got out of it at some point during the night. I guess we should try again though.
During our afternoon walk we stopped with Roger, Ed and Hana at the small park near our house. Wyatt had a great time watching the kids. He kept trying to get off of Rus' lap. We held him so he was at least standing. I also sat him on the grass with his socks off. I realized today he hadn't touched grass yet. He ran his toes over it and seemed to like it. At least for a few minutes. What more can you ask for?
Wyatt is really in to two books right now. Probably because they are on the couch where I feed him. One is called "Quack Quack." It's one of those books where you can feel places on the animals. Rus refers to it as the "Literary masterpiece of our generation." I can read it to him some three times in a row before he grabs it and tries to eat it. It's funny the only page where he touches the fur is the kitten page. I wonder if he recognizes the kitten as Jane.
Speaking of Jane, Wyatt flopped over on her tail the other day. She wasn't pleased. I ended up having to chase her off.
The second book is "Baby Beluga" which is a book with the lyrics to the Raffi song "Baby Beluga." Roger and Ed gave us the book. I know parts of the song and the rest of the tune I could make up so I sing the book to Wyatt. Now the song is stuck in my head. I find myself singing or humming it all the time.
Wyatt pooped in the tub last night. What a mess to clean up. He seemed to think it was pretty funny too.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.