Saturday, October 10, 2009

Accidents happen . . . a lot apparently

My god, Wyatt has become so accident prone in the last week. Rus left him in the play pen for a couple of minutes and came back to find his mouth bloody. Later that day, I turned around for a second to say something to Rus while Wyatt was standing at an end table. As soon as I turn back to him, he falls forward and bangs his mouth on the table. He is bleeding everywhere - his shirt, my shirt. He only bit his lip luckily.

This morning he pulled the table in the bathroom over. I was emptying his diaper in the toilet. I had put him on the floor and said "go find dada." He seemed to be headed in Rus' direction, I turned to deal with the diaper, but before too long I hear the table going over. I caught the table and caught Wyatt's head from hitting the floor with my foot. I was still holding the diaper. Rus came rushing in and started comforting Wyatt, who I think was just scared more than anything. I finally had to ask him to pick Wyatt up off my foot!

Last night, while I was watching him, Wyatt's hand slipped in the tub and his face went in the water for a second before I grabbed him up. We were both so scared we both ended up crying and Rus had to comfort both of us.

Wyatt also has a really heinous diaper rash. I think caused by the fact that he is pooping so much. I am slathering him with cream, but so far it isn't helping. Well, actually it looked a little better this morning until he started pooping again.

I have been really focusing on how much we talk to Wyatt and beginning to realize we don't really talk all that much. I am trying to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.