A lot has happened since Rus last posted. I don't think I can even remember it all. We had a visit with Dr. Malhotra last Friday. He said that Wyatt is now hypotonic (low muscle tone) in his legs. His arms are normal. He thinks that this is another clinical sign of a tethered spinal cord as brain injuries don't cause that kind of a change and not so quickly. He recommended we talk to the neurosurgery department and see if Wyatt's MRI could be moved up. He said he would talk to them since one of the neurosurgeons was right by his office.
I called neurosurgery on Monday. They had no idea what I was talking about. Whoever answered the phone, I guess she was a nurse, was condescending and generally annoying. She kept telling me that the visit notes said I understood the treatment plan and didn't have any questions. I was supposed to talk to the physician's assistant (PA) we talked to back in April, but she couldn't transfer me. She ended up talking to him and to make a long story short, I got no where.
So I fired off a very hostile email to the PA saying I was infuriated.
We got a call from the MRI department that day.
Wyatt is now scheduled for an MRI on 12/7 at 8am, which is the first appointment of the day.
Wyatt had his H1N1, MMR, HEP A and Varicella vaccinations on Friday. They also gave Rus the vaccine too. I got the H1N1 and seasonal flu shot today when I saw Dr. Walton.
Rus took Wyatt to his well baby appointment this morning. I skipped as I had a peri appointment in the afternoon I had to leave early for. Wyatt weighs 23lb 8.2oz now. Dr. Saba says he is adorable. He has two cavities!!! We have to take him to the dentist and get his teeth sealed. His lungs sound good. His ears look good. He only has a cold. She said she thinks he will be able to get his second dose of H1N1 in 30 or more days. They shoud be restocked by then.
FM 2.0 looks great. Dr. Walton doesn't think we have a two vessel cord this time but he will have the ultrasound tech double-check as their machine is better. Dr. Walton doesn't think that the placental insufficiency thing was a big part of what happened with Wyatt. He has seen completely normal children with much worse placentas. He also told me that 95% of babies born with placental sufficiency are normal. That made me feel a lot better. He said he still thinks something about the pregnancy didn't setup right. He said maybe in 20 years they will discover some chromosome deletion that explains everything. Dr. Walton is trying to be super-encouraging. He told me would tell the people who are performing my CVS to take extra good care of me. I see him again on 11/18.
Wyatt has been super chatty today. Grandma Golz could hear him "talking" up a storm when I called her.
Last Friday was what would have been David's 30th birthday. I was sad not to be with my family down in Long Beach. I am sad David is gone. I would have called him on his birthday and I would have told him about the funny things Wyatt was doing. He would have told me about the docks and the crepe restaurant. We would have talked about the Venture Brothers and District 9 (only because it's the last movie I have seen in a theater). I would have told him I loved him.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.