What a weekend. Friday Wyatt woke up at 7:20. That would have been great except I worked on Friday. Wyatt went to day care since he and I stayed home on Tuesday. Rus and I forgot that the older kids dress up and go on "parade" through the Caltrans building. The workers hand out all kinds of treats. Since Wyatt doesn't normally come in on Friday we completely forgot about it. Wyatt waking up so late also had us thrown off. We didn't dress him up. We didn't even put him in one of his Halloween shirts! We picked Wyatt up at 5:15 and EVERY ONE else was gone! We shut down the place. The older kids made pumpkin pouches, which were filled with candy. There was a pouch left for Wyatt filled with treats. Which Rus and I have eaten the bulk of.
We took Wyatt to the Tiny Tots Halloween Parade on Saturday. Basically, the little kids walk up and down Lakeshore Ave. and the shop owners hand out some treats. Arizmendi was handing out delicious short bread cookies. (I am ashamed to say Rus and I ate the cookie.) Later that night we went to Mijori for dinner. Wyatt really enjoyed the miso soup and seaweed salad. That was about all he enjoyed. He was pretty well behaved at the restaurant though. He kept making raspberries at the waiters to get their attention. We decided not to take Wyatt out for trick or treating. Mostly because I couldn't fathom walking up another hill (it would have been the third time by that point.) It was a good thing though because Wyatt clearly didn't eat enough at Mijori. I had to give him another dinner.
Wyatt woke up at 6:30am this morning, which is 5:30am with the time change. We made a Target run and got some half-off Halloween decorations for next year. Wyatt fell asleep for about 20 minutes on the way home. I tried to put him down when we got home, but he wouldn't go back to sleep. We tried two more times throughout the day, but he would not take a nap. He got pretty hysterical today. He wanted me to carry him most of the day. Rus could hold him for a bit, then it was back to me. He likes it when I show him knick knacks on the shelves or pictures on the bulletin board.
Wyatt has a new found attraction for trying to stick his finger up my nostrils. It's annoying, but I can't stop laughing when he tries. The other day he got so mad I wouldn't let him, he threw a tantrum. Oh well. I think it is probably good for building his fine motor skills.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.