Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Visit with Dr. Walton

FM 2.0 is measuring 15w1d, so still about a week ahead. That was based on head measurement. He didn't say anything about moving the due date. Dr. Walton is sure that there are two umbilical arteries. Everything looks great. FM 2.0 wasn't in a good position for pictures, so I won't post the ones we got.

I mentioned my dizzy episode. He said to take my pulse if I am dizzy again. Sometimes when pregnant heart rates can be erratic. If it happened a lot they would might treat it with medication. He said it also could have been a virus of the inner ear. I shouldn't worry about it unless it happens a lot. He also thinks the pain on my right side is probably just a ligament.

I confessed that during my first pregnancy I was worried about the baby. This one I am worried about me - like my abdomenal muscles will separate or my uterus will rupture. I was glad to hear that if my muscles separate it isn't painful. He said I shouldn't be worried about my uterus rupturing and gave me that "where the hell did she get that idea from" look.

I also asked about tubal ligation. I saw the consent forms in the office and thought I would see what the options were. I wanted to know if they did it at the same time as a c-section. He said yes. If I had a vaginal delivery, they wouldn't do it for at least six days and Rus might as well have a vasectomy. If I have a c-section, I might as well have a tubal ligation. There is no sense in both of us taking the risk of surgery. I could also have Essure implanted, which is much less invasive, but I admit I have a philosophical issue with having something put in my fallopian tubes that will scar them shut. He recommended I sign a tubal ligation consent anyway and then I can change my mind at any time. It has to be signed before I come in to deliver though (they don't want you making that kind of decsion while going through labor) and has to be done after 20 weeks.

The whole thing is bizarre. It was so hard to get pregnant with Wyatt, now we are thinking about permanent birth control options.

He also indicated I have roughly a 50% chance of VBAC. They are really careful about that. He said the best thing would be for me to go in to labor naturally 12 days before my EDD. Then he said it was really too early to be talking about it. Rus and I talked about having a vaginal delivery later. How this is my chance to have the delivery I wanted. I have to admit I don't really care anymore. That "dream" died when I had Wyatt. I mourned it and I moved on. I just want a healthy newborn that doesn't go to NICU. Whatever the best way to make that happen is OK with me.

I don't go back for six weeks (12/30).

When we picked up Wyatt from day care today, he was wearing plaid shorts. He pooped through his pants and had to be changed. The only backup clothes there were shorts a size too small. Rus and I have been meaning to replace the clothes, but kept forgetting. I guess now we really have to. We also will have to buy Wyatt some more pants.

That's on the list along with maternity clothes. I am getting close to needing the pants so I might as well have them available before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.