Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dentists

Wyatt went to the dentist yesterday. Rus and Wyatt were literally in and out of there in ten minutes... barely even had time to fill out the paper work (did most of it AFTER the exam). Wyatt does have "rough spots" on his teeth, but the doc pointed out several of his teeth aren't a uniform color, and this is apparently not an unusual thing. Teeth get birthmarks too, it seems. The good news is he does NOT have cavities afterall.

Wyatt did very well. He hardly even protested when the doc did his examination.

He also did well during his blood draw in the morning. For some reason, the lab didn't do the urine catch for Malhotra's crazy bioassay tests. Now I have no idea what to do - go back? Will the blood results make sense without the urine test?

I went to the dentist today. I bit down on bone on Sunday and my tooth was killing me. It wasn't as bad today though. The dentist is 90% sure I have a crack in my lower, left side, last molar. I have a huge filling there. He said the only thing that can be done is to put a crown on it. That would be my fourth crown! Argh. I will have to give that some thought. He said it isn't a problem to do a crown during pregnancy, but I would have to have an x-ray first to rule out there isn't anything wrong with the crown next to it that had root canal. He doesn't think that is the case, but he thinks insurance will want that documented or something. I will talk to Dr. Walton about it when I see him next. I will most likely wait until next year when I have money in my medical savings account again.

I think I may have screwed up the CVS, I didn't think to stop taking baby aspirin. I have a feeling they will cancel. I think Dr. Walton must have just forgotten that I was even taking it. I won't take it tomorrow morning. We will see how it goes, but I am going to be seriously pissed if I don't make the cut-off for CVS and have to wait for an amnio.

Rus and I have concluded that Wyatt says Mama, Dada, ba (ball), and booa (book). He also repeated fish ("dish") today. He has said "u-ga" a couple of times, but we don't know what that means. "Da" is still the most popular sound, but he has stopped "eh?" Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.