Sunday, November 15, 2009

Court for David

On the 20th, Brenda Rossal is supposed to plead guilty and start a ninety day prison term. At the end, she will go back to court. A report will be written about her stay in prison and whether she should get probation or return to jail. She will most likely get probation. The attorney from the DA's office thinks that this is really the best we can get.

It's kind of crazy because she did nothing right. She was driving without a license, without her own insurance, she fled the scene, she never called 911.

But she is pregnant. She has a young daughter at home. I keep telling myself that shouldn't matter. A pregnant woman should not be treated any differently than anyone else who has committed a crime. For all I know her pregnancy was a ploy to make herself more sympathetic or to make it harder to deport her. Who knows.

I just wish that there was some way I could feel good about all of this, but there is nothing good about it. David is dead. Whether this woman spends 90 days in jail or no time I don't think she is going to do this again.

But who really knows. I don't know anything about her. I hope that she at least makes a statement and apologizes. I hope she explains what happened.

No one ever asks me about what is going on with the case. I have to admit that it hurts my feelings a lot that my friends just seem to think it is all over and done with. The funeral happened and it was all laid to rest. It's sad, I would like to talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.