After dropping babbee off at day care, Rus and I headed in to San Francisco on BART. First we meant to go to Macy's, but ended up at Bloomingdale's. I wanted to get my dad slippers for his birthday, but they had a bizarre selection of UGGH shoes that were sold in exact sizes. We walked around and looked in a few more stores. I stopped off and got a cream puff from Beard Papa.
Then we went to lunch at Anchor and Hope. It's an east coast style seafood joint. While we both liked it, we didn't love it. I had clam chowder and fish and "chips." The chips were really baked potato wedges with rosemary and thyme. The smell of rosemary was overwhelming. The vegetables in the soup were slightly undercooked. Still the soup was good and the batter on the fish was really good. Rus had a lobster roll that came with housemade potato chips. He liked the lobster fine, but the chips weren't that great. The best thing was the tuna poke Rus got as an appetizer. It was delicious and came with a sweet and spicy sauce he really liked. I drank way to much fluids there and felt overstuffed and sick towards the end.
We couldn't decide on a movie to see. There are a lot of movies out we are interested in seeing, but maybe not in the theater so much. So we decided to do a little shopping. First, we stopped by Jeffrey's Toys and got Wyatt a stuffed walrus. Then we walked up to Macys where we finally found a decent slipper selection. Slippers that came in S, M, L, and XL. That's as specific as I feel I need to be when buying slippers.
We decided to head home after that. We took BART back to Rockridge. We spent the rest of the afternoon watching Twilight. I have been interested in because my old best friend from when I was a kid LOVES it and won't stop talking about the movies on Facebook. In fact, I think she has seen New Moon multiple times. She is not the only one my age. I thought Twilight was god awful. I may have to see the next one.
When we picked up Wyatt from day care he was in a completely different outfit than the one we put him in in the morning. I thought he couldn't have had another accident. What the hell is going on and why did they have to change his shirt too? Turns out he just got milk all over himself. Not sure how he did that, but glad it wasn't poop.
Anyway, it was a good day. Rus and I might make this an annual tradition.
Tomorrow we fly down to Long Beach for Thanksgiving.
Rus bought vegetarian corn dogs from Trader Joes.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.