The CVS is over. It started with a discussion with a genetic counselor who talked about what the results mean, confined placental mosaicism and maternal contamination. We made an agreement with her that if she has good news, she can leave us a message saying she has good news. Otherwise she is to call and speak to one of us and not leave a message.
Then I had a series of ultrasounds. FM 2.0 is measuring 13 weeks, which puts her about a week ahead of gestational age. That's great. We got some shots, but right now I can't get our printer to scan because one of the ink cartridges is out. That makes a lot of sense right? No ink, no scan? So, we are getting a little backed up. Too bad too because we got a nice little shot or her face. I say her, but we don't know the gender yet.
Turns out the aspirin was OK after all. The CVS procedure was more painful than I remember my amnio being, but, but maybe that's because the amnio was a while ago. The doctor decided it should be done through the abdomen instead of vaginally. She gave me a shot of lidocaine and then inserted a very long needle about three inches below my belly button. She then put some kind of device down the needle that had to be moved in and out several times to collect the placental tissue. Having a needle go through your abdomen is a very weird, uncomfortable sort of feeling.
I thought during the procedure "I will never do this again." Then I thought of course, cause I ain't having any more kids! I didn't watch what she was doing, or the ultrasound monitor. Rus watched some of it. The doctor was impressed that I was able to remain relaxed. I thought that was funny. I guess since I have had an amnio before, I was sort of prepared.
We will have the results in two weeks according to the genetic counselor. The doctor said one and a half. I predict results next Friday. I will say I have been crampy today. Hopefully, the cramps will be gone tomorrow or I may be making a call.
Wyatt is doing well. He is still enjoying books and happy. He doesn't harrass Jane so much anymore which is a relief. WE got him the equivalent of a baby etch-o-sketch. He is actually scribbling now. He doesn't necessarily seek out of the etch-o-sketch though. I will have to try him with crayons again. My hope is he will now scribble more and eat less.
He is so inconsistent with using words. He has become really difficult to feed. He really wants nothing that isn't purreed unless it is crunchy like a cracker. He gets very distracted during meals. He wants to be handed multiple objects from the table. He just points and says "da." Everything is pointing and "da." Sometimes you can tell what he wants, but a lot of the time not.
I have to admit that I was not in the mood for it tonight during dinner. I had a hard day at work and just wasn't in the mood for him spitting out everything. Crying and wanting to get out of his chair. Asking for multiple objects off the table. Not even David's birth announcment could pacify him. Some how we got through it and I think he ate enough.
I think that the stress of work and Rus' job search is getting to both of us right now, particularly with the holidays coming up. And moving. I can't imagine being at my job another year to be honest. This pregnancy and Wyatt's medical appointments are getting to me. It's sometimes overwhelming. I am really looking forward to the holidays. I need some time off. I worked last Friday and I am working a half day tomorrow. I want to make up the time I took off on Wednesday, but I need a three day weekend.
I don't think I mentioned that we got the NICU High Risk Infant Follow-up Clinic report. It was rather disappointing. The physician wrote that we should stop putting him in the crib with a bottle. We have never done that. The OT says he is "at risk" but doesn't say for what, although she recommends PT, OT and SLP. I am going to call her tomorrow and see if I can get more information. The last report we had told us specifically what areas he was behind in.
We still don't have the speech report from Craniofacial. I think we will have to call tomorrow and follow-up.
Tomorrow we have PT with Sharon.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.