Saturday, March 6, 2010

Art

We got the official report from RCEB and Wyatt measured 14 months on fine motor, not problem-solving. He is about a month behind his adjusted age on problem-solving. I have to admit I am really perplexed on the fine motor skills delay. Not sure I should really call it delay since it is a point in time snapshot really.

Anyway, I had posted a question about problem-solving on the Inspire Preemie board and got some good suggestions. A number involved art projects. I recently bought a book on toddler and twos art. Rus, Wyatt and I stopped by Michael's today to stock up on supplies. I am really excited about doing projects with him. The book is process-oriented in that it deals with the process of making art, not on actually making anything. I like that because frankly the idea of making something was too much for me to come up with. I felt kind of paralyzed. Today we just drew with crayons and I got some cheap stickers for him to play with.

Turns out Wyatt doesn't like stickers so much. They stick to him. He liked trying to peel them off of paper though.

Wyatt has decided he wants to walks every where now. Well, mostly. He also get frustrated and insists on crawling too.

We had the physical therapy evaluation through RCEB last Thursday. He measured 12.5-13 months. He does not qualify for more therapy although the woman said she would probably try to get him followed if I could manage it. She mentioned his low tone and said he would never be a great soccer player. I found her kind of condescending.

Well, Rus needs to do Jane's infusion and I am in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.