Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Waking up late

We had Rose and her granddaughters watch the kids this weekend so we could go to some open houses and dinner. It really did wonders. Rus and I actually talked about stuff. I talked about all my worries about pre-school. Rus didn't understand the timeline very well. We didn't find a house we like though. Good grief. We saw eight. With the boys we are lucky we make it to two before Wyatt loses it.

We had dinner at Five in Berkeley. The waiter brought me the wrong entree. As a result, they comped my entree and dessert and gave me another glass of wine on the house. That's going a bit overboard, but it made for a much cheaper dinner. Plus, The girls didn't charge us for sitting (we were gone six hours) as a gift for the birth of Seth.

I got Seth a penguin costume from Gap. It's basically a black, velour suit, a hat with a beak and eyes, and some booties. I had toyed with the idea of making Seth a toilet paper roll costume based on someone's "don't squeeze the charmin" comment, but I am crap at that sort of thing. I haven't gotten Wyatt anything yet. I know they do a little parade for Halloween at day care so I am waiting to hear what that is about. Do they change the kids in to their costumes or do they sort of wear them all day? Probably they change them. I saw a rhino costume that was pretty cute.

Seth has decided he needs to be up until 10PM these days. I am finding this very annoying. He did sleep through the night on Saturday, which scared the crap out of me. I woke at four thinking Rus must have gotten up with him and I didn't hear it. Then it was six and I woke Rus up to ask and he hadn't gotten up with him and I panicked and ran over to touch Seth. He was fine. This morning everyone got up at 7:11, which meant a major scramble for me to get to work. Both my little alarm systems failed me! I will have to actually set a real alarm.
Wyatt had a meltdown on Sunday because we couldn't find his blue car. I kept trying to distract him, but he kept coming back to it. Thankfully I eventually found it under the entertainment center. We may have to get a spare.

Teacher Kim at day care told me that Wyatt likes to use a toy as a microphone and watch the reflection of himself singing in the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.