We ended up getting to go trick or treating as the weather held. Wyatt had a great time. I would say we did about 20 houses. At first, he was confused. Then he tried to hand out candy. They he was saying "trick or treat" before we even got to the door. Finally, he had it figured out and his cuteness paid off big time. Hana and Angela came with us for a bit. We went up the road in to Piedmont where it is flat and well treated.
We let Wyatt have some of his candy and then promptly hid the rest after he went to bed. Rus and I have been eating it ever since. I do feel kind of guilty.
We also went to Pam and Ian's annual Halloween party. It was a lot of fun. There are a lot more kids there now. Wyatt had fun running around. I, oddly, met a couple that is expecting their second child. They live in a one bedroom apartment in the city. Mom works full time and dad stays at home with their son. They have no family in the area to help them. Sound familar? I really couldn't muster much in the way of supportive banter. I just kept saying it is really, really hard. And they would say they can imagine and I would think in my head, no you really can't imagine until you have lived it. Being in such a small space makes everything magnified. No one sleeps well, no one has space, it's cluttered and crazy. There isn't one peaceful place to go. Even the tub is full of a ton of tub toys. With two the noise and clutter is almost unbearable. I shudder to think what it is going to be like if we don't move by the time Seth is mobile.
Wyatt still has no interest in the bed we got him. He is happy to sleep in his crib. Probably for the best since you could hardly call his room child proofed. Seth has been moved to a pack and play for the time being. At least we don't have to worry about him falling out of the co-sleeper.
If you are wondering why I am posting so late, I am working and intermittantly writing this post while I wait FOREVER for things to save. And my Lotus Notes just crashed. Great. I will be working from home tomorrow as the Mehserle sentencing happens tomorrow and I want to avoid downtown Oakland. Wyatt will stay home with us as well.
Rus just got a two month contract gig with Shutterfly. We are very excited to have him working, but it is going to be a logisitical nightmare with one car and two little guys in day care. We will keep Seth out next week because Smalltrans is closed for Veteren's Day and I want Seth to have his first flu shot at his six month appointment next week. My good friend, Cris, is going to watch Seth on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. My boss has offered to let me install a car seat for the boys in her car and then drive us all to work with her brother, Chel and her. I might have to take her up on the offer. If Rus didn't have to drive so far away (Redwood City) this might have been easier too. He'll probably be able to take us one direction. And the boys and I can always take the bus. Eegads Gromit.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.