It seems that after a bunch of testing, which ruled out strep, flu and leukemia, that Wyatt has mono. His Epstein Barr Virus panel came back positive in two out of three tests. Now, some of those tests show past infection instead of current infection, but I think he has a current mono infection. We will talk to the doctor on Monday. Rus did take Wyatt in again on Friday. His lymph nodes are going down and he no longer has a fever. We were given antibiotics for his eyes. His eyes will not be contagious after 24 hours and he started the antibiotics last night after his bath. His eyes look better already. His lungs are still clear. All of the noise is upper airway from swollen tonsils, adenoids and throat, although all of that is looking better too. Wyatt doesn't have a urinary tract infection either. We were concerned since his diaper smelled so strongly of ammonia yesterday morning. So, he is apparently just dehydrated, which seems insane since all he wants to do is drink.
We got notes to take both boys back to day care on Monday. Medically, there is no reason not too in terms of infecting anyone so long as Wyatt is fever free for 24 hours and Seth doesn't have diarrhea, but they might not feel up to it. I would say that Seth is fine now. I would definitely not send Wyatt to day care today. He's exhausted, but with mono he could be exhausted for some time. He has mustered up enough strength to dance and sing along with Blue's Clues this morning.
Wyatt had a really long bath last night. I washed his hair finally. I think he felt like a new boy. He has also started to eat some things besides yogurt. I think his throat is feeling better.
I am still worried about why Wyatt got so sick. I mean, from what I have read in toddlers mono isn't that bad. In fact, most of the time no one knows it is mono as it looks like a mild cold. Seth may have even caught it. I don't know. He has had a runny nose. Something to ask Dr. Saba on Monday.
Seth is continuing to crawl and scoot. I guess depending on his mood. Wyatt actually crawled around with him last night. This really cracked Seth up.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.