Tuesday, February 15, 2011

NO touch the Wyatt!

It's his favorite thing to say.  When you touch "The Wyatt" that is.  He's quite serious about it.  He repeats it even more loudly if you touch him.  It does make me really sad to hear him say I can't hug him. Often it is "No kissing mama!"  I try to respect the boundaries, but I am having a hard time and it makes me a little teary.  I keep thinking Seth will probably start this even sooner, once he starts talking and sees his big brother refuses to be hugged.  Still Wyatt wants me to lie down with him in bed every night.  Unfortunately, he kicks or hits me in the face a lot.  Not intentionally, he just gets excited. 

This past Friday both boys not only slept through the night, but they slept until 7:30 in the morning, which was a great surprise.  After that though, they have both been waking up at night.  They are kind of making us crazy.  I am not sure what is up with Seth, but he has a doctor's appointment Thursday so we will see if his ears did not clear yet again.  Four courses of antibiotics for ear infections.  I wonder when they will recommend tubes.  I also wonder how much Hams weighs now.

Seth fell asleep at 5:30 today.  Basically, on the way home in the car.  He has stayed asleep since then.  Very unusual.  I have no idea what is going to happen tonight.  We are lucky if he sleeps an hour at day care.  Poor guy.

We think we are going to go to Monterey this weekend and go to the Aquarium.  Supposedly, Sunday it ISN'T supposed to rain so we will focus our energy on that day.  Maybe we will get an old timey photo at Cannery Row.  I am not sure if any of this is a good idea or not.  We will see.  Originally, we had planned snow, but it's too iffy.  If they hate the snow we'd be stuck in a hotel room or cabin for a long time.  I think we will try it next year.  I think Wyatt will be more ready.  Hams will probably cry his little eyes out, but as long as one of them likes it.  And Seth will undoubtedly come around once he sees Wyatt enjoying himself.

This past weekend, on Saturday, Wyatt and I went for a walk and stopped off to have pancakes at Rolling Dunes.  He was so well behaved.  We had such a nice time.  I did end up buying him a dinosaur in one of the toy stores though.  Cursed toy stores on Lakeshore!  And then I couldn't get him to walk home.  I eventually called Rus to come and pick us up from the playground.  But still, he was great in the restaurant.  We had a good time.

Lately Wyatt has been saying, "Hello Mama. How are you today?"  It's pretty funny.  I am sure he has no idea what he is saying as he doesn't really wait for me to respond.  Sometimes he says, "Bye Mama!  See you tomorrow."  He comments on people or animals being funny a lot or his toys being friends.

Seth is still not crawling.  I still think he is a butt scooter and will be so until he walks. Seth has branched out to eating those baked snap peas, crackers and any kind of puffed chip.  He is quite fond of the baked snap peas in fact.  It is very cute to watch him eat them.  He likes one in each hand.  He hasn't quite mastered what to do when he finishes eating the part sticking out of his hand and usually ends up dropping the rest and getting mad about it. He really, really likes to be held.  He usually gets nervous when he see Wyatt coming and tries to jump in my lap. Then sometimes he tries to climb on Wyatt and totally clobbers him.  He has started biting, mostly Rus' or my shirt.  On occasion he has gotten past the shirt and bitten our shoulders, but it isn't a big problem yet.

This weekend I heard some cords being thumped against the floor.  I followed to the sound to find Seth with a big smile on his face under a side table sitting up.  He somehow must have butt scooted under the table.  He seemed very pleased with himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.