Monday, October 8, 2012

Niles Canyon Railway

After the crazy week we had last week we needed some fun this weekend. And next weekend is likely not going to involve much fun since Wyatt will be recovering from surgery. I took the boys to the zoo on Saturday and then we went on the Niles Canyon Railway down in Fremont on Sunday with Paula, Sean and Zack. The railway only runs certain weekends. It was fine going out because we were at the end of the train, but when we went back they moved the engine in front of our car and the whistle terrified a number of small children. Many families fled our car. Seth whimpered, pressed his head against me and insisted I hold my hand over his other ear on the way back. Poor little guy.

The Niles area of Fremont is pretty cool. We had no idea it was there but since Paula moved to Fremont she's contractually obligated to know about these things. The boys had a great time with Zack. If only Wyatt treated Seth so well! There is a "Train of Lights" for holidays. We might try and go. Hard to decide because Santa makes an appearance and I don't want him to scare the hell out of the boys.

A little funny stuff about Seth: Seth cannot stand his nose running at all. I mean, not even a teeny tiny bit. When it does he screams, "I need a bless you!" and points to his nose. Unfortunately, he won't wipe it himself. In the morning this can go on every 60 seconds. He can get pretty worked up about it.

They are really pretty funny little guys.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.