Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Worried Part 1

I am sure that there will be many, many more worried "parts" after this first one. I had an appointment with an OB at Kaiser today. I now am in the possession of a total of five ultrasound pictures of a round white circle. The nice thing was that I could actually see the heartbeat this time. What has me worried is that the CRL measurement was the same as Dr. C's was two days ago. The OB seemed to think that was probably measurement error, but I have this bad feeling. Rus thinks that I am being nuts of course.

The OB also wanted to talk about diagnostic versus screening tests, but I wasn't really ready to hear that so I kind of tuned her out. She also told me I was of "advanced maternal age" so the testing becomes more relevant for me. I am supposed to get a call from the genetic testing people for a discussion about my options. It just seems too early to think about all of this. For all I know I will miscarry next week! I guess some of the testing can be done as early as 10 weeks.

Something for Rus and I to start thinking about. . .

On Monday night, after our first ultrasound, Rus spent a lot of time reading the pregnancy diet section of "What to Expect When You are Expecting." It was really sweet. He now asks me a lot of questions about what I am eating like "Is that low sodium soy sauce?" I find it really amusing the man with the worst diet I know is totally on my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.