Monday, January 7, 2008

It's a . . . round blob


Today we went in for our first ultrasound at 6w3d. Dr. C. carefully said he was going from top to bottom and then left to right (my uterus). DH and I furiously strained our eyes trying to make out something from the grainy image. I noticed a "round thing" and wondered if that could be something. Sure enough, there it was our little embryo.

I can't remember the CRL measurement. Dr. C. said it was 6weeks. I don't know if he was generalizing or if we are measuring three days behind or not. He also saw the heartbeat. I couldn't see it, but DH said he could. So, there is only one embryo that attached. Probably a good thing too.

Dr. C was a little less than optimistic. I guess we have a long way to go still. He does seem to have it in his head that I have suffered from recurrent mcs though. Still I made an appointment to talk to Dr. Coulam on Thursday.

My second u/s will be on 1/21.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.