or convenience. Last night was the genetics class at Kaiser. It was the most informative class we have been to so far. We both left on the same page as to what we want to do, which is good.I have been a little worried (Part II) the past couple of days because my breasts have stopped hurting when I get up in the morning. This can be normal as you get towards the end of the first trimester, or if you have had a miscarriage and are super-paranoid, this could mean you are going to have a miscarriage.
This morning I had a phone consult with the reproductive immunologist in Illinois who informed me that my natural killer cells have gone up and my anti-phospholipid antibodies have also increased. I need another course of IVIg and to start blood thinners. None of this is good news. That paired with my non-aching breasts had me pretty freaked out. I nearly started crying. Rus did his best to console me, but once you get in to that state it is hard to just snap out of it.
I decided to move the ultrasound appointment that was supposed to be on Thursday to today. I didn't want to pay for more IVIg or heparin without knowing that everything was OK. Luckily Dr. C's office obliged. Unfortunately, that meant Rus couldn't go. That was really disappointing for both of us. It was the first time that the ultrasound actually showed something that looked like a baby. I think I said "Oh wow!. I cried a little out of joy, but I felt horrible that Rus wasn't there to share that with me. Dr. C actually said "Somebody's thriving" when he saw the fetus, which is funny because "Thrive" is Kaiser's current marketing campaign. He shook my hand at the end and said congratulations.
Before I left I asked if I can still come by the office for blood work to send the lab in Chicago. It would be nearly impossible, I am sure, to get Kaiser to do it. I was just worried about being obviously pregnant and in the waiting room of an IVF clinic. Dr. C didn't seem too concerned about me being in the waiting room since there are baby pictures up all over the place. He thinks it would be good publicity for them to have a pregnant woman in the waiting room. So, he doesn't mind if I continue to stop by. I will have to think about that. I still feel a little uncomfortable with the idea of being obviously pregnant and in the waiting room of an IVF clinic.
I picked up my Heparin rx from Dr. C and dropped it at Long's. I could have gone on Lovenox, but it is so expensive and I am going to pay out of pocket until I see my OB on the 26th. Hopefully, she will prescribe Lovenox. Lovenox is only one shot a day. Heparin is two. Apparently, not many people use Heparin anymore because the pharmacist told me they don't have any and would have to order it. I asked if another Longs would have it. She said no, I would have a hard time finding it anywhere. So, I ordered it and it should be in tomorrow. In the mean time I am taking baby aspirin. I hope I can convince my OB to prescribe it.
We voted in the evening instead of our typical morning. With the morning news today I wasn't in the mood to vote on the way to work. Rus was a little sore we didn't do it in the morning so he could wear an I voted sticker all day and gloat.
He is asleep on the couch with his "I Voted" sticker on right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.