Tuesday, February 26, 2008

13 weeks, 4 days

We had another doctor's visit today at Kaiser. Dr. Yu told me that I am now officially just out of the first trimester. She wasn't planning on doing an ultrasound, but we asked and she relented. Dr. Yu said it looked like FM was asleep so she wiggled the ultrasound to wake him. He did move then and he looked kind of annoyed at being woken up. He looks good! Rus did a very funny impression of him in the doctor's office. She didn't give us a picture so I don't have anything to post.

Dr. Yu is going to refer me to perinatalogist because she isn't all that familiar with my immune treatments. I think she is a little uncomfortable and just wants me to talk all this through with the perinatalogist. I am totally dreading that discussion! So my next appointment is in a month. Doesn't seem like it's enough. I want to see FM every two weeks at least.

We were 15 minutes late to the appointment so we got bumped and had to wait 40 minutes for another opening. The reason we were late was partly because I walked to the car instead of waiting at the ofice, but mostly because Rus decided to hit every red light and would not listen to me when I was telling him where to go. Turns out we were not headed to the same place. He was headed to the IVF clinic and I was (correctly) headed to Kaiser. No wonder my blood pressure was elevated when I got there. And yes, I did nearly get in to a hysterical crying fit, but some how I managed to hold myself together in the waiting room.

I got "outed" at work last week. It was by a young, male co-worker. He's probably in his early 20's. While I am starting to develop a belly, you can't conclusively say that it is a pregnancy or that I am just getting tubby. I can tell, but he certainly couldn't. Why would you ask if you weren't sure? I should have told him no. Instead my eyes got big, I put a finger to my lips and said yes, but no one knows. I am sure he was thinking "Yeah right, no one knows!"

I went down to Long Beach last weekend. I had to go down on Friday to train my co-worker and then I just stayed the whole weekend. It was a great chance for me to see Chris before he leaves for Korea. I also got to see Kylee, who I now like to call Giggles cause she is so smiley. I was privileged enough to see her dance to the Doodlebops. I find the Doodlebops totally dumbfounding. Not so much because kids like them, but because grown adults dress up and perform these routines. It's just weird. I guess a paycheck is a paycheck. Anyway, Kylee loves her Uncle Chris. She can't get enough of him!

We had really great Pho that Kami led us to. Didn't get to see Eric much because he was working. I saw David and Ryan (his girlfriend) briefly. Mom and I went shopping for clothes. Neither one of us had much success. Dad and I took at walk around the neighborhood. I watched the last two episodes of season four of The Wire with them. I told them more about season 5 then I should have. Chris is wondering how he will get season 5 in Korea.

We met some distantly related cousins of my mother from Staten Island and Pennsylvania.

I also got in to another hysterical blubber when my mom snapped at me in the grocery store and I cried, yelled and cussed at her. I made her cry and I don't think I have ever felt so bad in my life.

I have switched to "him" because my co-worker used an old Russian wives' tale to predict the gender. The baby is a "he" because Rus' blood just finished it's four year cycle and mine was at the end of a three year cycle so his blood is stronger than mine. Therefore, it is a he.

2 comments:

  1. She's gone insane. Help meeeeee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rus, your mother says "Suck it up"! This is just the first trimester-just wait!

    If you think you have problems, take your wife to radiation treatments EVERYDAY! Then watch her for a reaction when she is told that there will be three instead of one HDR Brachytherapy treatments in Tucson.

    Harmones? What harmones?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.