On the Friday before a three day weekend it is not unusual for people to leave early. I was contemplating leaving around 3:30, with my bosses blessing, but I dilly-dallied a bit. Next thing I know it is 4:30 and my boss is in a panic over some production issue. At this point I should probably point out that we are no longer on production after the re-org. I tried to help her, but what they were asking her do was ridiculous! At around 5:30 she told me to go home and I offered to take my laptop with me. Yes, that was a stupid idea.
I ended up calling in to a noon meeting on Saturday where I mostly just keep saying - how is this a new problem? - and a 6:00 pm meeting where I said nothing, but thought quite a bit about quitting my job. I don't think my boss was on the 6pm call unless she called in later and didn't announce herself.
I am so pissed off over the whole thing. It's kind of ruined my weekend. I specifically said to move me to requirements because I didn't want to deal with this weekend bullshit. In the end, there was nothing that my boss or I could do to solve their problem, but the big boss man thinks the more people you throw at something the faster it will get solved. He just needed to give the vendor enough time to work on it and since the vendor has been working non-stop for 48 hours they were not working that fast anymore. Who can blame them?
The calls continued on Sunday, but I just didn't call in. Who knows what will happen on Tuesday, but I did check my email later in the day and saw an email from my boss saying she wasn't calling in because it sounded like the problem had little to do with either or us. At least it seems we were both on the same page. I am not checking my work email today.
In pregnancy news . . . well, nothing. I feel fine. The heparin shots continue. Rus took a really excellent picture of the shot bruises on my belly at their height. Since I have become slightly more proficient at giving them, the bruises are starting to fade. Glad we got one to commemorate them at their ugliest. Although now that they are starting to turn yellow, they aren't looking so great either. I have a strange yellow trail leading up to my belly button.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.