Last night when I got home from work I was suffering from some pretty intense sciatic pain. The pain was so strong it felt like my left leg was going to go out from under me. Rus made me lie down and provided a heated pad for my left cheek. Eventually I fell asleep on the couch. I woke up later to find Rus covering me with a blanket. I woke up a few times at night thinking Jane was on the couch next to me. I didn't find out until the morning, when it was lighter, that it was Rus. He spent the night on the couch with me. He was afraid that if I needed something he wouldn't be able to hear me if he was asleep in the bedroom. What a sweet, sweet husband to sleep on the couch to take care of his wife.
I think that is one of the sweetest things Rus has ever done for me. He has a hard time understanding why I think it is so sweet. I think he feels he did what was his "natural duty," but to me he went way above and beyond.
Jane was happy to have the whole bed to herself.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.