Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Forget about NY - We gave Jane a bath!
I was going to tell you all about NY. In particular, the fantastic meal we had at Aquavit, but instead I will tell you about giving Jane a bath after we came back. Apparently, Jane got a bit more wet food than she was used to while we were gone. Her digestive system was a little "off" as a result and she ended up with dried poop on her butt. Rus and I conceived of fundamentally different approaches to getting rid the poop. Rus said we could swaddle her and cut the poop off. With what scissors I asked? I voted for putting her butt in the tub and scrubbing the poop off. With what are we going to scrub the poop off asked Rus? Rus went to find latex gloves. In either case, they would be necessary. We tried swaddling her three times. Each time she managed to get her front paws out. The results were dire. Rus and I sat across from each other, all three of us trapped together in the bathroom. He asked if I had any ideas. I told him I wanted to try the tub. Just a small amount of water, a cup, a set of hands on her back and another to scrub. We filled the tub. I asked if I could get my camera. I was told no. Rus actually crouched in the tub with her. Because we removed the bathtub mat, she couldn't really jump out because her hind legs kept slipping. Rus held the top of her out of the water and left her butt and back legs in. I didn't have to do anything except help to dry her off when she got out. She cried the most plaintive, saddest meows ever. When we tried to swaddle her, Jane was really mad and hissed at us. Rus didn't come away unscathed, but really it worked out better than we could have ever imagined.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.