Friday, April 23, 2010

36 week OB appointment

It's been really hard to post lately. One I am tired of course. Two Rus' wifi on his laptop doesn't work so we can only have one computer connected at one time. Three Rus does most of his work and relaxing in the evening online. Mostly though, it's about me being tired. Tonight Rus is playing Assassin's Creed 2 and I slept from 8pm to 6:30am last night.

A little over a week ago I saw Dr. Walton for a 36 week check-up. Everything looks great. Dr. Walton actually seemed a bit excited and relieved. He tried to talk me in to making today my last day at work, and I had every intention of following Dr's orders until the project I was working on went completely haywire. I just didn't feel like I could transition it over well enough this week. Plus, I got a promotion with a 10% raise and that just really made me feel like a total a-hole leaving today. I was also clear with my boss that I made no promises to work eight hour days next week. As long as she was fine with that, I would work. Definitely Friday next week is my last day though.

Dr. Walton also suggested I take a breastfeeding class, but I don't think I am going to get around to that. So I have been reading "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding." This was the book I threw across the room when I found out I wouldn't be able to breastfeed Wyatt. I was actually interested in reading it to see when I need a breast pump. It's hard to say how long I will use one for. Will I just need it when I go back to work? Rus says I should pump so he can help feeding. While that sounds nice, feeding and pumping sounds like a whole lot of work, but I have also read some women need to pump after feeding to keep their supply up. I also worry that my milk won't ever really come in like with Wyatt. I figure if I am actually able to breastfeed this time there is probably less a chance of that happening. I don't think that this is supposed to be so confusing.

I am also supposed to review an online "training" in getting a c-section. Seems kind of silly since I have already had one, but since I have failed to do anything else Dr. Walton has told me to do, I had better at least get that done. I will see him again on Monday.

I had wanted to repeat CPR again, but it seems we won't get a chance before Seth comes. It's not just Seth either, I don't know what the proper techniques are for a child Wyatt's age either and let's face it, there is a greater chance of Wyatt choking than anything.

Dr. Walton said there is a 5-10% chance of me going in to labor on my own before the 10th. I will ask him again on Monday. Not sure why so low. I mean the 10th is pretty close to my estimated due date of the 12th. I also asked him if he could guess the weight at this point and he said around 8lbs. My instructions are that if I go in to labor and am dilating to go for VBAC. If my water were to break, but I don't dilate, don't let them induce me, go for a c-section. If at any time the baby has a decel, I should have a c-section.

Since Wyatt is out of day care, he comes to the appointments too. He actually said "baby" during the ultrasound. And that was before anyone else mentioned the baby. It probably had more to do with having my belly touched than the ultrasound image.

Before the ultrasound, we spend some time in Dr. Walton's office going over things. Like he asked me if he had scheduled the c-section. Good grief. Yes, as far as I know. He calls and confirms. Then he asks me if he emailed his wife to remind her to wake him up that day since the c-section is at 7am. I have no idea. So he sends his wife an email with the subject "Remind me to get up for 7am c-section on the 10th." He's such a goofball. Why am I so strangely attached to this man?

Seth has slowed down in the kicking a bit. Well, it isn't as pronounced I would say. It feels more like rolls. Occasionally in a meeting I watch my belly move. Sometimes I see that my belly is lopsided and I gently push Seth back in to place. Well, sometimes I do. Most of the time I leave him be.

3 comments:

  1. CPR...

    They have made it easier, the compression/breath ratio is 30:2, 30 compressions to 2 breaths (This is for adults, children and infants) Research has shown compressions are most important and suggest if you are untrained or rusty to only do the chest compressions. Compressions should be 1/3-1/2 the depth of the child's chest and the compressions should be at the nipple line. Use the head tilt, chin lift to open airway. Watch the chest to make sure air is going in and do not breath too hard as you can force air into place it shouldn't go.

    Back thrusts and abdominal thrust if he is choking. Finger sweep to remove anything in his mouth.

    Simple.

    Let me know if you have any questions.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may want to take a breastfeeding class though, it can be frustrating for some women. Kami seemed to learn a lot of good tips from the class. Make Rus go too, I had too. Sorry Russ.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just don't know when we will ever have time to go now. I have been reading my breastfeeding books!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.