Friday, April 23, 2010

Wyatt updates

Wyatt has been quite the little charmer lately. His walking is getting much better and he is getting really fast. I was a bit concerned about his standing balance but just this last week it has improved greatly.

He and Rus go to Gymboree Play and Learn several times a week. I was able to go last Sunday. It's pretty funny to watch - the vast differences in temperment of children. For all the talk of "milestones" I see so much variability. Wyatt has a kindred spirit in Kieran. Kieran is even more fearless than Wyatt. Also, his dad takes him too so RUs is not the only dad there.

Wyatt has picked up some songs or rather parts of songs. Like he tries to say "Move on back." for the Wheels on the Bus. And he says "row, row, row" for Row, Row, Row Your Boat. He likes to have these songs sung over and over and over again.

He is also really in to stickers. I have these sea creature stickers with "dish" (fish), turtles, rus (sea horse) and bubbles. For a while we just put them on his hands and feet, then we moved on to putting them on paper he colored on (or he colors over them). Unfortunately, now Wyatt has moved the whole production of art to the walls. He drew on the wall with a marker and then put several bubble stickers on top of his drawing. I tried very hard not to laugh while he put the stickers on the wall, but he is so earnest about it.

Wyatt says so many words right now, I couldn't even tell you how many. The most recent and exciting is saying Wyatt, which he pronouces "Wy-dat." He recognizes himself in pictures and the mirror. He will also point to himself and say Wyatt.

What else?

We have setup a house cleaning service for the time being. I am not sure we want to go with this company long-term, but for now they will do.

Rus was able to go in to IGN for a visit last week and may have drummed up some more freelance work.

Tam, Cris and Paula threw me a very nice baby celebration. We went to tea at Julie's in Alameda with my boss and co-worker Kathleen. It was a lot of fun. I was a little worried about having my boss there, but everyone seemed to get along fine. We talked a lot about how hard it is to keep kids off video games these days. The rating system. When kids she be allowed to play them. Glad I don't have to think about that for a while. I suspect Rus and I will have vastly different points of view on when the boys should play video games.

After that Rus, Wyatt and I went to Zoey's birthday party. Jeff and Kierstin managed to borrow a bounce house. I wasn't sure about letting Wyatt go in it, but one of the dads that was already in there offered to take him in. I was more worried that once Wyatt got a taste of it, we would never get out of the farmer's market without letting him do it and while the people at J&K were fantastic handling Wyatt and making sure he was safe, I can't say I trust the general public to.

I knew Wyatt would either have a fantastic time or be terrified. He LOVED it. One of the boys in the bounce house kept taking him down the slide. Wyatt actually managed to climb halfway back up the slide. Unfortunately, Rus was somewhere inside the real hosue so he didn't see it, but he had to take Wyatt back in himself later on. Wyatt just went nuts jumping up and down, falling, rolling around. He was too excited to eat much so he had lots of crackers on the way home.

This weekend I am getting my hair done and my eye brows waxed. I told Rus that while I am not that vain of a person, I couldn't stand the thought of me having pictures taken with my new son looking so haggard.

Well, that's about all I can manage tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.