Either my housekeepers suck or we are far more messy than I ever imagined possible. It's not quite as obvious when it is mess on top of mess, but when it is mess on top of freshly mopped floors it's a big mess. Plus, we have to straighten up before they get here because there are books and toys everywhere. I am beginning to feel like maybe there isn't much of a point. Well, I do like having the tub cleaned I guess.
I got a packet from HR today. I think maybe I have it figured out. They are just absolutely horrible about explaining things simply. It's like they want you to screw up submitting the paper work. The packet was huge. I don't remember it being so involved last time. Do they really expect sick people on disability to sit around reading this crap?
Today could have been Seth's birthday, but nooooooo I had to wait until Monday to get closer to his due date. It isn't that I feel horrible either. Yes, my feet are really swollen and they hurt. My sciatica is acting up again. Really though, I thought it would be much worse, but don't tell Rus that. I want Seth out because I just want him out and safely delivered. I still tend to think of my uterus as a death trap. I don't know why now at the end this feeling is becoming so overwhelming, but it is. Thankfully, I took Dr. Walton up on his offer to come in tomorrow.
I have been able to go to Gymboree with Wyatt and Rus this week. It's been fun to watch Wyatt. He is a very engaging little boy and I can tell that the "teachers" really like him. He knows a lot of the songs, but I guess he goes more than a lot of other kids. It's been interesting to go with Rus because I have only once seen two parents at once and that was the weekend. Clearly, a few of the kids are there with nannies.
We sort of almost have things under control for the delivery. We organized the bureau and put a lot of the new clothes in the wash. We swung by Target today and I got some more pants and a tank. I also got a very cute set of pink pjs with teapots all over them. Rus has actually started harrassing me about getting a bag together for the hospital. I keep telling him I don't need to bring this or that. I think I am actually in a little bit of denial about this baby. Get him out! What baby? I am not pregnant. No, really. Get him out.
Today at Gymboree one of the mom's asked me when I was due and I thought to myself "Due to do what? Oh."
Anyway, Rus hasn't put the infant car seat base in the car yet so there.
Wyatt is cutting his second year molars right now. I don't know how many are coming in, but I saw at least one. Poor guy. No wonder his eating has been so erratic lately. We have gotten him down for naps the past three days so maybe that phase is over and the tooth is through enough to not cause him that much pain.
Right now Wyatt's favorite activity is the beat his lollipop drum and march around the apartment singing what is very close to the ABC song, but completely out of order without all the letters. Every once in a while I cut in with "Now I know my ABCs. Next time won't you sing with me?" And he shakes his head and says "No, no."
Yesterday I went for a prenatal massage. My feet felt so good afterwards. I should have just had her focus on my feet, but I was so afraid it would be painful. It was really wonderful.
Rus planned the whole thing. He gave me a check. Cash for a tip. Cash for a parking garage and a bunch of quarters for street parking. He was totally prepared.
The door knob cover we got for the door to the stairs won't fit over our old, ornamental door knob. I have a feeling that this is going to be a problem with any of the knob covers we find. The stove knob covers fit fine.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maybe you can just put some sort of latch or chain lock on the door.
ReplyDeleteKeep those cleaners coming!
Oh, and that was very nice of "daddy" aka Rus!
ReplyDeleteWhen I get there I will paint your toenails if you want!
It would be like painting an elephants foot at this point. Blech. My feet are grossing me out.
ReplyDelete