Thursday we went to Tilden Little People's Farm. There were cows, goats, sheep, bunnies, chickens and the laziest pig in christendom. You can bring celery and lettuce to feed the animals, but that is it. Wyatt loved it. He said moo a lot and an occasional El Moo, which sounds kind of like a variation of Elmo and Helmut. He got a little scared when a cow actually mooed at him. He fed the cows and sheep and goats celery. We went through three bunches. He kept asking to go back to the cows. We had to actually keep track of some of the animals as they were let out to graze so they changed location. There were a lot of school kids there unfortunately who felt the need to comment on poop, pee and yell "Fight! Fight!" at the head-butting goats. I have to admit by the time we left I was pretty tired.
We went to Vik's Chaat House at it's new location for lunch. Wyatt really enjoyed his mango lassi a lot. I didn't see they had menus with explanations of the dishes and for some reason the guy who took my order didn't mention it. He recommended #2. We also got the special lamb curry and a marsala dosa. They are kind of known for their dosas. It was all pretty good, but probably a little too spicy for Wyatt. He did eat some of the dosa.
We went home and took a nap (Wyatt and I) before heading to my final OB appointment. Seth looks great - amniotic fluid is great, diaphragm moving, heart rate great. He gets an 8 out of 8. Why 8? We didn't ask. Rus had Dr. Walton give us the run down for the procedure. It will start some time after seven, just because they tend to run a little late. They prep me, give me a spinal, get the baby out, wait for the uterus to "firm up", remove the placenta, tie my tubes (eek!), sew me up. The baby goes to the warmer and unless anything is wrong they will place him on my chest. He will go with us to recovery. I should be in recovery by 8:25. Since I appear to be so swollen, I might be given a diuretic and have a shunt placed in my incision that would be removed when I left the hospital. It depends on how "wet" I look when they open me up. They will most likely give me stitches instead of staples this time.
Yesterday we went to Gymboree. It was more crowded, but not as much as usual for a Friday Rus said. It was an odd crowd of nannies and SAHM married to obviously wealthy men. I didn't like it so much. Wyatt was fascinated with one of the boys and kept following him, which made the boy nervous and he kept whining and running over to his mom. When Wyatt would hear him whine he would say "sad" and get a concerned looks on his face. I think he kept following him because he thought the boy was upset. Owen certainly wasn't a good time! Wyatt is far more social than other children in Gymboree.
We went to the Farmer's Market today, but much earlier than usual as Rus went to Jeff's father's memorial service today. We decided to try a blueberry muffin instead of the usual chocolate thing. That worked out slightly better. Hardly anyone was setup yet and the tables were all empty, but it's nice to keep the tradition going.
Wyatt now refers to his penis as "pee nis." I decided being anatomically correct was the way to go.
Today he poked me in the belly button repeatedly despite my yelping "ouch."
He has diarrhea and has been falling a lot. Rus thinks it is because he is trying to go to fast, but I am a little worried.
Oma and Opa are here. Got to go!
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.