Mother's day started off rough. Jane woke me up just before six. She walked all around Rus' head and sniffed me right in the face. Rus did wake up, but didn't get up (so I found out later), so I got up and fed Jane. About a half an hour later Wyatt was up. I took him to the bathroom to change him and he was all poopy. Clearly, he had pooped earlier, but had not woken up because it was caked on. I decided he needed a bit of a soaking. I put him down to fill the tub and turned to see him peeing against the side of his Diaper Champ. At that point I had to just laugh and wish myself a happy mother's day. My mom came in the bathroom and then Rus followed her shortly there after. Rus had to clean-up the pee.
Poor Wyatt has had mild diarrhea for about a week now. His butt is really raw and clearly bothers him. We talked to a doctor at Kaiser who suggested an anti-fungal, so we will see how that works. We are also giving him lactose free milk and cutting down how much milk he drinks to 16 oz. I knew he was drinking too much milk, but it is hard to restrict when he won't drink water and asks for milk all the time. We were also encouraged to feed him yogurt with active cultures.
We went to brunch at the Lake Chalet in Oakland. Wyatt was not in a good mood and was pretty obnoxious most of the time. He did eat a lot of his mac and cheese and even ate some french fries. (I am sure that will help the diarrhea situation.) I tried to have a nice picture taken with him outside, but he was rather uncooperative. We did get some nice photos of the three of us and of Wyatt and oma and opa.
When we got home Wyatt ate two yogurts, some applesauce and a cup of lactose free milk. With an extremely full belly, he took a nap and then I took a nap.
After his nap, Wyatt got to see and "talk" to his gran and granddad via Skype on the new laptop. The picture is apparently much better, but getting Wyatt to be close enough to see and hear without allowing him access to pound on the keys is another story. We got him to say gran and granddad a couple of times.
I got a book from Rus, Wyatt and Seth and a necklace from my parents. Wyatt also drew a fantastic picture of me descending a staircase in my card. Rus and I also got to go out and see Iron Man 2. So we have come full circle as we saw Iron Man when I was pregnant with Wyatt.
Tomorrow is the big day. I am happy to see Seth, but really I am not looking forward to having another c-section or staying on the family recovery ward. I am also really sad to leave Wyatt. Luckily, he can come to the hospital and visit. Leaving him is hard though.
I had kind of hoped to have gone in to labor on my own, but Seth apparently wants to stay put. I got a call at nine reminding me of the surgery tomorrow. Good grief, like we had forgotten about it. We were also told to call at 5am to make sure there wasn't an emergency that bumped us, but the doctor didn't leave a number. Helpful. I will just call the L&D triage line I guess.
I guess I should go to bed and try and get some rest before the big day tomorrow. I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep, but I am exhausted.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are too kind, I would have definitely made Rus get up with Jane, especially on Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteI'm not surprised you were exhausted.
Jane would be an out door cat if that happened more then once. Obviously you don't have the wonderful womanly nag gene or else Russ would have done it. Kami can teach you, she is really good at it. I guess us men need to be put in our place sometimes.
ReplyDeleteDavid and Kylee are/were both very sensitive to dairy. It wasn't the lactose we were told, it's the milk protein. That's why we had to do rice milk. We cut it out all together for a while and now really limit it. We couldn't even give them yogurt. We mix juice and water for the most part, and sometime just give them water. If they are really thirsty, they will drink it eventually.
Hope everything else is going good. Can't wait to meet Seth and see Wyatt.
Eric
By the way, I can't get into your blog, by invitation is expired or something.