Thursday, August 5, 2010

Enemy of sleep

Well, the Bates house was taken off the market not two days after we inquired about putting an offer on it. We finally pushed Rolando in to putting an offer after we submitted a list of questions he did not get answers to. Once we did that he said he has questions he wanted answers to. Then the house came off the market.

We now have a new realtor through USAA's Movers Advantage Program. They put us in touch with one of their local realtors and we get a $1500 kickback. I mean rebate. Our new realtor is named Chris Hanson out of Coldwell Banker. She lives in Oakland and used to be a teacher here. So far so good. We have put an offer on a short sale in Crocker-Highlands on Santa Ray Ave. We probably won't hear until next week. There are three other offers though. I doubt we will get it.

We saw another house on Calandria Ave, which was awesome. Views of the bay, nice decks, amazing tricked out master bathroom. Only problem is the school. We asked Chris about it and she basically confirmed our suspicions. She called it "the worst of the worst." We aren't too keen on spending that kind of money only to have to put the boys in private school. There are a couple of properties in Redwood Heights that Rus found. He will check them out next week while I am in Long Beach.

The boys are doing well. The one exception is with napping. Seth is the enemy of sleep. He just won't sleep during the day. He does, but only in many 10 minute increments through out the day. He takes one two hour nap, timing to be determined. I thought he was developing a pattern of sleeping at 9:30AM, but I was proven wrong today. Right now it is 4PM and he is asleep on Rus. Rus is also asleep. (Rus gave me the night off last night since he was gone last night and is working at Calshakes tonight.) We have tried to put Seth down to sleep several times today, but he lasts about 5 minutes before waking up. He should be taking three 1-2 hours naps a day.

Wyatt is doing much better at day care. I dropped him off this morning. He clung to my leg for a minute, but was coaxed in to the play area by Kenzo and company. I found out he picks at his food a lot. Now I know why he comes home so hungry! We have been sending him with those pre-packaged toddler meals. Apparently, he doesn't eat that much of them. Teacher Kim did tell me though that Wyatt does occasionally eat fruit when he sees the other kids eating it.

I have decided we are going to get a double stroller. The other day when we took Wyatt and Seth for a walk, Wyatt stepped in the street. He has never done that before, but it scared me (of course).

Saturday the boys and I are off to Long Beach. Oma is coming up tomorrow to fly down with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.