Thursday, June 16, 2011

Good bye party

We had Wyatt's goodbye "party" at day care today.  Basically, you bring cupcakes the kids yell "yea!" and then they dance like fools.  Sounds fun right?  Well, it probably would have been had I not showed up.  As soon as he saw me, Wyatt wanted to leave and see daddy.  I had a hard time getting him to stay.  He wouldn't sit with the other kids.  He wouldn't eat his cupcake.  I had to retrieve his stolen cupcake twice because even though he didn't want it he certainly didn't want anyone else to have it.  The dreaded Amiya even stole it once.  I tried to get Wyatt to dance with me, but he only clung to my leg.  When I left to go back to work he cried his little eyes out and I felt like a total jerk.  Aresha commented she was shocked because he just doesn't ever cry.  I felt like a bigger jerk.  I went back to work and had a hard time concentrating thinking about him being there sad and crying, but when I went back to get him I behaved as though nothing had happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.