Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Oma and Opa visit

Rus went to E3 in Los Angeles last week. Oma and Opa came to stay with us and help me out Sunday through Friday.  They had already planned to come for a short visit on their way south.  This was the end of their two month, cross country trip.  On Friday, all of us drove down to Long Beach to meet up with Rus and meet cousins Henry and Brent.

The boys had a really nice time with Oma and Opa.  They stayed home on Monday of last week, both went to day care on Tuesday (Oma and Opa took in the Civic to have one of the rear seat belts fixed), Wednesday Wyatt stayed home and had a "special day", Thursday both boys were home because Wyatt got a rash from a new shirt I didn't wash and Friday we left for Long Beach.

Wyatt's special day involved going to the Museum of Children's Art (MOCA), the park to run around, and a stop by Fenton's for a sundae.  I hear Wyatt was more interested in the play kitchen than the art at MOCA, but he and Oma made a lovely clothes pin butterfly.  Seth was supposed to have a special day on Thursday, but Wyatt ended up staying home.  Poor Sethie, he keeps getting his special days all messed up!  Oma and Opa also did a fair amount of cleaning, organizing and cooking.  They made balanced meals with actual fresh produce in them.  They got Seth to sleep in his crib and took down the pack and play.  They made my life a hell of a lot easier.  They also brought spoils from their cross country trip.

Friday we left around 8:50am for Long Beach.  Rus ordered the boys DVD players for the car.  They were a lifesaver.  I think I would have cried had we not had them.  They weren't that helpful for poor Seth, but Wyatt enjoyed them very much (and even asked for them today on the way to day care).  The drive down was miserable.  We hit construction traffic on I-5 just north of the 99 interchange.  We hit rush hour traffic in LA.  I think we got to my parents house around 6:50pm.  All things considered I think that the boys did fantastic.

Also, since we are in contract on a house, I was also left to finish up the loan application last week and we had to remove contingencies on the home inspection.  Most of this was done electronically, which meant a lot of documents had to be scanned.  I won't go in to details, but I will say it was incredibly stressful particularly since Rus was down in the LA.

NEXT: Our stay in Long Beach, meeting baby Henry and meeting baby Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.