Thursday, September 13, 2007

Joy of sake redux

What a pleasure! The Joy of Sake event was wonderful. I actually forgot all my woes for a bit. They had really great food from many restaurants, some I had been to, some I had heard of, some completely new to me. Roy's was a highlight and so was Ozumo. I have been to both so maybe I am being biased. There was also another table specializing in Kampacchi. Another favorite from my last binge at Bar Crudo.

There were some Nigori, but mostly Ginju, Junmai and Dai-ginju and Ya-something (didn't care for it so much). I have decided that I like Dai-ginju sake the best. Of course, I will always go for a Nigori. I like things on the sweet side. There was even a sparkling sake and a lemongrass and coconut infused sake.

DH seemed to really enjoy it as well. He even got to practice a little of the Japanese he learned for Japan. We realized that when we were in Japan we actually drank very little sake. I think for some reason I got it in my head that it would be too expensive as everything is too expensive in Japan. Duh! If it ain't affordable in Japan . . . obviously, we have to go back to Japan and make up for this insult. Oh and we plan to go to the Joy of Sake next year, as well.

Our next adventure is going to be the Murphy's grape stomp, which is being held October 6th. This will be our second year. This year I am going to stomp! Also, we are going to move ahead this time instead of not progressing past the first heat. Maybe we should wear costumes? Last year we were the "Grapes of Wrath." Kind of anti-climactic considering we didn't make it past our heat, don't you think? Maybe "Grape Expectations" this year? THAT NAME IS TRADEMARKED PEOPLE!!!

It is so nice to write about something other than IF for once! There is life beyond babies. I feel like a totally different person.

http://www.joyofsake.com/
http://www.calaverasgrapestomp.com/

2006 Murphy's Grape Stomp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.