I don't think that I mentioned that yesterday Wyatt's weight was 11lb 15oz when we went to see Dr. Saba. That was a decent weight gain. Today when Robin weighed him, he weighed 12lb 2oz. So he basically gained an ounce a day last week. That was really great weight gain for him. So we have the go-ahead to continue bottle feeding. This is a huge hurdle to get over.
Wyatt also took two 4 oz bottles today. That's a huge amount for him. Only a week ago we could barely get a 3 oz bottle in to him. So his eating is getting much better.
His reflux is still pretty bad. He doesn't generally spit up a lot, but it has been more often lately and it clearly really hurts him. I have started giving him a small amount of water from a syringe in hopes of helping if there is burning. He seems to respond well to that usually. He sometimes has reflux episodes 2-3 hours after he eats. That makes it really hard to go to bed when you feed him in the middle of the night. I think I will try and make that meal smaller.
He was really happy and smiley today. At least until the reflux happened. It makes me really sad to see him so happy and then so uncomfortable. Dr. Saba and Robin really don't have any advice. They are starting to get on my nerves.
We went for a walk today and Wyatt was really good. He fell asleep half way through when I stopped in a shop to get a form notarized. They were playing classical music and he was out the whole rest of the walk.
I don't know if I mentioned before that two nights ago Rus and I swapped so that he was going to the do the middle of the night (super early morning shift) and I would take the late night shift. Of course, that night Wyatt decides to sleep for SEVEN HOURS. Darn that Rus.
Unfortunately, that morning Rus woke up with a sore throat. He has been on Sudafed since yesterday. My co-worker Sara was supposed to come over and bring a quiche, but now I am thinking that she probably doesn't want to come over with Luke. Sara was pregnant at the same time I was and had her son on August 27th. So his birthday is close to Wyatt's EDD. They are both around 11 weeks if you use Wyatt's adjusted age.
I am also going to have lunch at my bosses this Friday. I intend to broach the subject of coming back part-time. I think . . . I am really nervous to do so. One, because they might say no. And two, Rus and I haven't really thought about what we would do with the pay cut. I think it is doable, but maybe doesn't make a lot of sense if we have a part-time nanny.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my gosh that boy has grown! He looks like such a "big boy" in that picture! Grandma "D"
ReplyDelete