Friday, November 7, 2008

Bottle trial

We got the go ahead to try a trial feeding Wyatt by bottle and not using the tube. So far, it isn't going that well. In fact, I would say he has been doing less bottle feeding in the last 24-hours than he has in a long time. He has been writhing around a lot when we feed him lately. He has trouble concentrating. He has been coughing more. Not just with feedings though. We see Saba on Tuesday so we will discuss it with her than. Robin didn't hear anything in his lungs when she was here last Wednesday.

I think that the time change messed things up quite a bit with Wyatt's schedule. Wyatt isn't sleeping five hours at night anymore. We are lucky if he goes four. Once again Rus and I are exhausted.

I realized yesterday that with his new weight his doses of reglan and zegerid need to go up. I emailed Dr. Saba and Mian. Mian told me to raise the doses. So we will try that. Maybe that will make a difference in his eating.

Wyatt was really good when we went for a walk today. He hardly cried at all and he even fell asleep part of the time. On the other hand, Hana, who is usually really good, cried a lot and Roger ended up holding her most of the time. We swung by Silvermoon, which has new and used baby stuff. I bought Wyatt a sun hat with jelly fish on it. It's too big for him right now, but he should fit in to it soon. Plus, Rus hates it, which is a bonus.

We found out yesterday that Wyatt is going to have a new male cousin. Eric and Kami are expecting. They are due in March. That's very exciting news. I can't believe that there are three grandkids already.

I am debating about going to a seminar from Georgetown University's accelerated nursing program. I see they have a number of prerequisites, some of which I have taken, some I have not. I never took Anatomy and Physiology. That would be pretty important. Maybe I will see if I can take a class online some where. I can't see myself attending class in person right now.

There are 11 prerequisite courses. I have taken chemistry, microbiology, statistics, logic (which I would hope counts for the philosophy requirement), health care delivery systems (I took Health care administration in graduate school so that might count) and I would hope my epidemiology course work takes care of research methods. And I have take two semesters of English, which puts me at 8 courses. I would definitely have to take two semesters of anatomy and physiology and abnormal psychology. That wouldn't be so bad. Of course, this is all incredibly theoretical at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.