We are done with the MRI. They ended up running 50 minutes late. Luckily, it was around Wyatt's nap time and after 10 minutes of screaming he fell asleep on Rus' chest in the waiting room. I went back with him to the MRI room where they used a gas mask to knock him out. Wyatt sat there pretty patiently with the mask. The anesthesiologist commented on what a good natured kid he is. Then Wyatt started a flail a bit and then he was out and they laid him down. Or the anesthesiologist said "OK mom, he's asleep." I didn't think he was asleep yet though. He was moving a leg.
After that Rus and I went and had lunch. They told us they would give Wyatt an IV after he was out from the gas. The anesthesiologist told us that adverse events like brain damage and death are extremely rare. I had to ask what extremely rare means. He has never seen either of those things happen ever.
We won't get the results until Monday.
Rus ended up waking up at 3am to feed Wyatt solids and I woke up at 5:20am to give him a bottle. Wyatt got a bottle of juice at 9:40AM. I took him for a walk around 10am. We stopped by and visited Hana and Roger for a bit. Wyatt handled the lack of food much better than I would have. The only time he really got upset was in the waiting room, but who could blame him.
There was another little boy there that was scheduled after us and he had to wait 45 minutes. This was not his first MRI. His father mentioned a brain tumor.
When Wyatt woke from his anesthesia he was fidgeting, twisting, turning and making it generally very hard to hold him. The nurse had to keep reminding me to support his head because it kept flopping over. Eventually he settled down more and became excessively "chatty." We weren't in recovery very long at all actually.
When we got home both Wyatt and I crashed at 5 and woke up again at 8pm. Now it is 9:40 and we are both still up. I wonder what is going to happen tomorrow morning. We were on such a great schedule too. Wyatt went to bed at 7:30pm and woke at 6am.
Currently, Wyatt is lying on Rus' chest watching "House." We broke the no TV rule today. It just seemed like the right thing to do.
Tomorrow we try and get back on schedule!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.