Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Surgery moved up

We saw Dr. Yoko, the craniofacial surgeon, yesterday. She thinks Wyatt looks much better than she could have ever imagined and agreed that moving the surgery up was not only possible, but a good idea. So, he may have the surgery as early as July. The nurse will start scheduling her surgeries in the next two weeks so we should know relatively soon.

Wyatt will have to stay in the hospital one or two nights. One of us will stay with him. They only allow one parent to stay. Neither Rus or I are keen about staying in the hospital ever again, but we would never leave Wyatt alone there. After the surgery Wyatt won't be able to put his hands in his mouth or chew on any toys. She didn't mention restraints, but I have a feeling they might be used. I hate, hate, hate the thought of restraining him. Can you imagine? I have no idea how long. I think I will start reading up more on the surgery and recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.