My dear friend, Rose, and her grandaughter, Brianna, came by to babysit Wyatt tonight. Rus and I went out to dinner at Dopo (Italian on Piedmont Avenue) and say the movie Up. Both were excellent and just what we needed. Deciding on a restaurant was the hardest part of all. Too many choices in Oakland now! We finally decided on Dopo because they don't take reservations. We never had time to make reservations any where else.
At Dopo, we shared a salumi and pate plate at Dopo. I had grilled zucchini soup that even Rus had to agree was good. We both had fresh made tagliatelle with pidgeon ragu. Everything was great. The only one small criticism is when they asked us if we wanted to sit on the patio, they shouldn't have sat us in an alley beside the restaurant. The maitre'd said it was more intimate and quieter. It was quieter all right, but really it's an alley. Let's not call it a patio.
Up started a little bit more depressing than I expected. It was a really good movie though. I guess the main character's wife's sadness over not having children got to me. There were some very funny elements to the movie, particularly the dog (Dug) and a bird (Kevin).
Wyatt ended up going to bed more like 8:30 tonight. I think Brianna was worried he was crying when she put him in the crib. When Rose went to check on him he was standing up. I don't quite think he has figured out how to get down yet. Rose stayed with him and rubbed his back until he fell asleep. Now I feel like an asshole. I don't think that Wyatt ate all that much, so he might be up early. That probably would have happened anyway.
He woke up at 5:50am this morning crying his little heart out. When I got to the crib and picked him up I saw big tears running down his checks. He has another tooth coming in and I think it is a molar. We gave him a couple of doses of ibuprofen today and that seems to have helped.
Rus and I are so thankful that Rose and Brianna stopped by. We really needed a night out.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.