Wyatt continues to resist sleep at every turn. He was up until 10:30pm on Friday. He had fallen asleep at 7pm (he skipped a nap) and woke a half an hour later. We tried to get him to go to sleep in his crib for 45 minutes, but we caved. I wish I could say he slept in the next day, but he got up around 6am.
I was judicious with his naps on Saturday. We got him to sleep around 8:30pm on Saturday, which wasn't too bad since most nights he goes to bed at 9.
I think it would be helpful if I started making sure he gets up by a certain time in the morning. As much as I like to "sleep in" until 7am, it isn't helping him keep a consistent nap schedule. Part of the problem is just he can stand up now and he doesn't want to waste time sleeping no matter how exhausted he is. I think he is also having some separation anxiety.
We know he can go to sleep on his own. So I guess we don't have to be so ruthless about letting him cry it out. He doesn't wake up in the middle of the night and have trouble going back to sleep. Once that happens, I think we will have a bigger problem.
The other issue is migration from two naps to one. I have no idea if he is trying to do that or not. Some days he has one nap, but it seems like everything goes down hill after that.
Eating has been improving though. The boy really likes cheese. I have been cutting up a slice of cheddar cheese for him at meals and he loves it. I have to actually dole out the cheese or he would shove it all in his mouth at once. I feel like we are making some progress with finger foods. I also give him pieces of banana, but they are too slimy for him to hold himself. Drinking out of a cup (or even a sippy) not going as well.
We went to the park in the middle of Piedmont yesterday and had lunch. Wyatt tried to put several leaves in his mouth and eat sand when I tried putting him down in a sandy area under the swings. He doesn't like to swing so much.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.