Saturday, July 3, 2010

Shrekles reign of terror

Seth decided to only take three thirty minute naps yesterday. He was farting almost continuously and waking himself up constantly. Oh and he cried a lot, too. That paired with two nights of waking every hour is making for some very cranky parents. I threw away all my refrigerated pumped milk and went to frozen. Today he seems much happier. He has been smiling and sleeping well.

We saw one property yesterday on Holman Road. The lot is very small. One of the bedrooms is down a narrow flight of stairs along with the second bathroom. There is no front yard to speak of. One of the street level bedrooms has a door on either side. None of the rooms have a bathroom. The last bedroom is fairly small. The living room and dining room are a good size and well lighted. The kitchen is OK, sort of small and very outdated. Why are we considering this property? It's in Crocker-Highlands, which is a good neighborhood. There are clearly kids on the street. I saw big wheels and bikes left out on front porches. The elementary school is decent. I ran in to a friend of a friend as we drove away who lives in the area and loves it. She of course lives in a huge expensive house . . .

We are going to look at a couple more. One is a four bedroom that Rus looked at once on Bates which is on a street parallel to Holman. The owner had planned to flip it but things must have gone bad. Seems like a lot more house for a lot more money, but probably a lot of work. Depends on how much has to be done right away. Clearly, we will have to have the back yard cleared as it is completely overgrown and one side of the house (including windows) is covered with ivy.

Both the Holman and Bates homes are near the Glenview (Park Ave) and Grandlake districts. They are right off of the Park/14th Avenue exit of 580, so just one exit from Lakeshore.

There is one more house neither of us have seen yet on Calmar. We drove by it today and I heard someone yell when we stopped. Rus didn't look concerned because I don't think he heard it. He asked me to get a flier. I jumped out and a woman parked near the house told me I didn't want to deal with the woman. I said who and she indicated the real estate agent. I asked why and she said she stole all her stuff. Sounds like a foreclosure gone wrong? Not sure, any way I told the woman I was sorry to hear it and we left. The house is Spanish style and really needs to be repainted. It has two bedrooms on street level and one below like the Holman Street house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.