Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wyatt is two!!!

Wyatt turned two today. He went to day care as usual and Rus and I went out in search of balloons. He got a Finding Nemo and Blue's Clues mylar balloons. We got about eight balloons total and placed them loose in the front room so he would see them when he came home. He squealed when he saw them. I wish I had gotten that on video! He loved them and moved them one at a time from room to room. He particularly loved the Blue's Clues balloon as it was shaped like Blue's head.

He had macaroni and cheese for dinner along with his favorites of banana and y-gurt (yogurt). Afterwards he got a piece of mango mouse cake for which he uttered "Mmm, good."

He got a Mr. Potato Head, a rocket ship, some DVDs (Up, Finding Nemo and Disney's Robin Hood). Upon watching Up again, Rus and I decided it wasn't really a movie for little kids. He got a really nice stegasaurus and some other wooden figures from Gran and Grandad. I also made him a book on Shutterfly called "Wyatt's Family" and put pictures of family members with Wyatt. It turned out great.

I still think he liked the balloons best. We promised him the balloons would still be there tomorrow. He took Mr. Potato Head to bed. We heard him being dropped outside the crib ten minutes later.

Rus and I also reflected on how scary it was two years ago when he was born and how worth it it was to have him now. He is such a great little guy. We love him so much. He has accomplished so many things. He is really starting to express himself now, which I just love so much. I like it when he eats something he enjoys and says, "Mmm, good." I like it when he says "my something" or "I something." He knows many songs. Maybe not all the words, but you can usually recognize the tune. He particularly loves Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Baby Beluga. He can count to ten and sometimes knows green, blue and red. Sometimes though, all colors are green.

There just isn't enough time to write down all the wonderful things there are about you Wyatt. You are amazing and we are so lucky to have you. As you headed towards two I finally saw you catch up to your peers and I finally got to relax. I know you are going to be OK.

The only problems for the day were the Mehserle verdict and Seth's bowels. Rus had to get Wyatt from day care early. I know there was some rioting downtown, but last I looked nothing too terrible. And Seth has not pooped in five days. I gave him a little prune juice in breastmilk - nothing. We finally resorted to a suppository, which did the trick, but he is still pretty cranky and I don't think that the tank fully emptied.

Oh and for some reason Rus started to eat Wyatt's piece of cake. We bought two slices, one of which I thought we had decided to give to Wyatt. Rus had me test a spot to see if it was OK to give to Wyatt and then proceeded to eat the frosting. I asked him why he was eating Wyatt's cake and he wanted to know why I wanted to know why. Apparently, not eating your son's birthday cake is part of some grand plan I hadn't let him in on. And after I had mentioned not two minutes before that I had bought candles! What did he think I was going to do with them I wonder? So we lit a candle and sang Happy Birthday. Wyatt repeatedly said "no" through the whole song. He didn't blow hard enough to blow out his candle so we helped. And then he ate most of his cake, which he liked quite a lot. It was in fact - Mmm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.