Wyatt started back to day care today. I almost cried when he left with Rus. (Wyatt wasn't too upset to leave me at home, but boy if you try and leave the house without him he loses it!) Initially when we brought Seth home things were really chaotic and I felt like I couldn't spend much time with him. We started using the TV to babysit him way too much. I had always promised I wouldn't let him watch TV until he was two, but it was getting totally out of control. But now, I have gotten so used to being around him. He is just such a charming guy. I love hearing him sing. I love singing with him. I love him running around "counting." I will admit I also love seeing what trouble he can make for himself. But I also know he needs a lot of stimulation and he is really sociable. Day care seemed the best place for him. It's only three days a week (Wednesday through Friday until I go back to work).
Wyatt was a little timid at first. Vanessa came up and gave him a huge hug and planted a kiss on his cheek. He clung to Rus' leg. Once he saw the other kids though, he was fine. Rus stayed a while just to make sure he "settled in." He said when he left Wyatt was running around and going up and down the slide. Everyone was excited to see him and they want us to bring the baby in soon. The only picture Rus had was on his iPhone. Can you believe we don't carry around pictures of our children with us?
Rus told me they have a dance teacher coming by at 10am. I wish I could watch that! I can only imagine him turning around in circles, flapping his arms and laughing hysterically. My only concern is they take their naps early (11:30am), which is early for Wyatt whose nap has migrated to 1pm. Well, we will see how it goes. They are professionals. I am going to pick him up early today 2:40 because Sarah and Luke (and Victoria) are coming by at 3. (It will be interesting to see if Sarah can make it through without making a comment on our living arrangement and hygiene standards. She has never been over before.) Wyatt often doesn't wake up from his nap in a good mood if he has been woken up so I wonder what will happen at day care. He might be OK if he sees the other kids. Rus saw Kenzo and Emiko, but those were the only kids he recognized.
We started a play group for Wyatt a week ago. There were seven children total, but we lost one I think due to Sebastian the hair puller. That kids a frickin' menace. I like the people who run it alot. It's free for a ten week session and then after that they charge on a sliding scale. They are grant funded and have a PT, OT and ST come in to speak to the parents. That is what made it attractive to me. Roger has been taking Hana (but on a different day) and recommended it.
Tomorrow morning we are going to see two properties in Crocker-Highlands. A third we can't view until after July 4th weekend. Crocker-Highlands is a pretty attractive neighborhood in Oakland. I think that these are all short sales. If we can get in here, things will be pretty safe and the school would be decent through elementary. That would give us time to make home improvements and we could sell and move to an area with a better middle and high school. Of course, maybe the middle school would be fine too?
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.